DEPARTMENT OF RADIOLOGY
This department is a very busy one. We receive on average more than 15,000 clients coming for radiological services annually.
- Fluoroscopic machines- Digital
- X-ray machines
- Ultrasound Machines (M, B, and D modes) with curve linear, Linear, Endocavitary and Phase Array Transducers. All the Ultrasound Machines have Doppler function.
- RIS (LAN).
- CR + Digital system
- Dark Room for Back-up
UPCOMING PROJECT->Computed Tomography Scan(CT scan)
Sub-Units of Radiology Department
- Maternity (Ultrasound unit)
- Private wing(Ultrasound unit)
- Other three ultrasound units in Lacor health centers (Pabbo, Opit and Amuru)
We have the following categories of staff;
- Senior Consultant Radiologist
- Senior Radiographers
- Midwife obstetric/Gynecological sonographers
Training institutions we support
We are in partnership with the following institutions whereby we offer training to their students;
- Med Rad Makerere university students
- School of Radiography (Diploma-Mulago)
- Gulu University Medical Students
- Post graduate visiting students from Italy (Echocardiography)
- For the last 10yrs we have been a site for up country experience field for Radiography Students
- Students for Masters, Degree and Diploma placements.
- On job training for midwives
- Training to our staff by a team of radiologists from USA on MSK (Shoulder u/s and steroid injection).
- Continuous Medical Education (CME).
- Plain radiography (chest x-ray, abdominal x-ray and bones imaging).
- Contrast studies;
- GIT(gastro-intestinal tract) -Ba Swallow
-Ba follow through
- IVU/IVP (Intravenous urography/intravenous pyelography).
- HSG (Hysterosalpingography)
- CUG (Cystourethrography).
- PTHC (Percutaneous Transhepatic Cholangiography)
- Percutanous pyelography.
- Breast ductography
- Ultrasonography; -Abdominal u/s
-Echocardiography (Cardiac echo).
-Vascular u/s(Duplex study)
-PEI (Percutaneous Ethanol Injection)
-U/s guided Biopsies
- Cancer Screening;
-Ca Prostate, Ultrasound + u/s guided Biopsy
-Ca Breast, Ultrasound + Mammography.